I have been doing this for years, and have never had a dry turkey. People comment about how moist and flavorful my turkey is, especially when I make a turkey breast instead of a whole turkey.
Tips for roasting a VERY moist turkey
Write a review
- Whole turkey or turkey breast
- Chicken broth or stock
- Place butter underneath the skin, and then butter the entire outside
- Place breast side DOWN, yes, you read that correctly
- Pour 3-4 cups of broth or stock in the pan, and cover with foil
- Cooking temperature and time will depend on your bird size. I roast my breast at 325.
- 75 minutes before done, turn turkey over and recover with foil
- 45 minutes before done uncover turkey and let skin brown
- This works with a whole turkey or a turkey breast.
Domestic Demigoddess http://domesticdemigoddess.com/