Southern Style Macaroni and Cheese
A delicious custard style baked macaroni and cheese
Write a review
- 2 cups uncooked elbow macaroni
- 4 Tbsp (1/2 stick) butter
- 2 1/2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded, divided
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease and 8-inch square baking pan.
- Cook macaroni, following package directions, Drain well, return to pot.
- Add butter and still until melted.
- Add 2 cups of the cheese and still well.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with the milk.
- Add the milk mixture to the macaroni. Stir until well combined.
- Spoon into the greased pan, sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, for 30 minutes or until the cheese has melted and browned.
- Since I have a large family I always double this recipe.
- I bake it in a 9x13 baking pan 30 minutes.
Domestic Demigoddess http://domesticdemigoddess.com/